List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: embedded viewer vs external program
From:       Maks Orlovich <mo002j () mail ! rochester ! edu>
Date:       2003-02-28 2:46:24

> extremely true with 0.9 confidence.  All windows users and mac users
> DON'T work according to the konqueror's current way.

Yes, but the current KDE users do. And they're, IMHO, the most important
users out there. In fact, I think it was a big mistake to switch the
embedding to off by default for many mimetypes in 3.1....

Just a few days ago we got a wishlist asking for kwrite to be embeddable for
viewing text files, BTW -- something that was a default for ages.