List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: concept: action area in konqueror
From:       "Luke Chatburn" <luke () linuxcomment ! com>
Date:       2003-02-27 20:11:35

Here are some other sample images. I've just ripped the bar off the earlier
example, so problems with that etc. all noted... Just lazy :)

Dual-paned view, with the bar showing the active view:
http://www.silklantern.com/snapshot9.jpg

Konqy in web browsing mode showing document options ::coughs:: (remember I
ripped off the bar I did earlier :) )
http://www.silklantern.com/snapshot10.jpg

I would do a text file preview one, except I've got my Konqy sending them to
Kate and I can't change it back for some reason.

How about if the bar pops up on right click with the context menu?

If it is temporary, we're fine, since if it emerges over data (file icons,
text, etc), it will vanish again. However, this does hide data. Like a menu,
really. Doesn't take up screen space in a serious fashion.

Alternatively, it might simply be a temporary QSplit at the top, thus not
covering any data. This will move data though...

If it is permanent, then it can be dragged up and down, I guess. QSplit for
this. No data hiding in this case, but lost screen space unless the user
hides it manually.

:) Lots of random thoughts.

-Luke