List:       kde-usability
Subject:    The usability.k.o Action Item
From:       "Jason Bainbridge" <JaseOne () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2003-02-26 23:58:08

All,

My apologies but I had a response to this all typed out and ready to send this morning before \
work when for some unknown reason my PC crashed, I should never have changed from Debian to \
Mandrake...

I had previously suggested that as an interim measure that all Usability Reports be CC'd to \
webmaster@usability.kde.org so I can manually validate, transform to xhtml and commit to CVS. I \
did receive the Konqueror one but the DTD was in the middle of being changed and so was the \
report.

I am actually actively maintaining usability.k.o but my efforts aren't visible just yet as I \
have been busy working on the new design for www.kde.org when I have had time to work on KDE \
stuff. I am planning to commit the ported usability.k.o website to CVS tonight in the new CVS \
structure of www/areas/usability and will arrange for the updates on the server to pick up the \
new design.

I also have all the existing Usability Reports along with the hard work from Eric on the DTD, \
the guide to writing a report and the validation scripts, plus I have Gordon's XSLT and these \
will all be incorporated in the new design when it is committed tonight.

The uploading of valid reports probably won't happen straight away as I need to arrange this \
with the sysadmin's and make sure they are happy with our implementation of the system. I am \
thinking maybe of an alternative to have the reports emailed to webmaster@usability.k.o if they \
are valid, it might also be possible for the uploads themselves to take place and have the \
commits to CVS done manually, I'll see if I can get an account on Ktown to be able to do this.

My apologies for my recent work not being transparent to the group, but the results will soon \
be apparent. :-) If anyone would like to help me co-maintain usability.k.o you are more than \
welcome, just let me know and I will arrange for you to have access in CVS.

Regards,
Jason