List:       kde-usability
Subject:    The usability.k.o Action Item
From:       "Jason Bainbridge" <JaseOne () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2003-02-26 23:58:08

All,

My apologies but I had a response to this all typed out and ready to send this \
morning before work when for some unknown reason my PC crashed, I should never have \
changed from Debian to Mandrake...

I had previously suggested that as an interim measure that all Usability Reports be \
CC'd to webmaster@usability.kde.org so I can manually validate, transform to xhtml \
and commit to CVS. I did receive the Konqueror one but the DTD was in the middle of \
being changed and so was the report.

I am actually actively maintaining usability.k.o but my efforts aren't visible just \
yet as I have been busy working on the new design for www.kde.org when I have had \
time to work on KDE stuff. I am planning to commit the ported usability.k.o website \
to CVS tonight in the new CVS structure of www/areas/usability and will arrange for \
the updates on the server to pick up the new design.

I also have all the existing Usability Reports along with the hard work from Eric on \
the DTD, the guide to writing a report and the validation scripts, plus I have \
Gordon's XSLT and these will all be incorporated in the new design when it is \
committed tonight.

The uploading of valid reports probably won't happen straight away as I need to \
arrange this with the sysadmin's and make sure they are happy with our implementation \
of the system. I am thinking maybe of an alternative to have the reports emailed to \
webmaster@usability.k.o if they are valid, it might also be possible for the uploads \
themselves to take place and have the commits to CVS done manually, I'll see if I can \
get an account on Ktown to be able to do this.

My apologies for my recent work not being transparent to the group, but the results \
will soon be apparent. :-) If anyone would like to help me co-maintain usability.k.o \
you are more than welcome, just let me know and I will arrange for you to have access \
in CVS.

Regards,
Jason