List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [ACTION ITEM] getting usability reports on the web site
From:       Philippe Fremy <phil () freehackers ! org>
Date:       2003-02-26 20:22:12

> we NEED to get the usability reports ON THE WEBSITE.

I was going to ask exactly that. I just checked out the CVS of
usability.kde.org and I was surprised no to see any study there.

I suggest that we create immediately a directory "reports" and we start to
fill it with the xml of the reports gathered sofar. And while we discuss
things, someone (the maintainer of the report, the one who starts the
discusssion) is responsible to add the remarks. We can do that by CVS, it
works great. It should be easy to anybody starting a discussion here to
create a usability report.

After that, we will probably have a php frontend to generate nice html files
from the reports, update them and submit them online. But we don't need it
to start.

Shall I create the dir ? I don't know if I have any write access and I don't
plan to maintain it (and I am quite busy) but I prefer doing it myself than
see the issue disappear in the void.

We have to add a bit of process, else we are wasting our time.

> in fact, for an even more basic question: who is maintaining the
> usability website these days?

Good question.

	regards,

	Philippe
--
In 1492 AD, Colombus reaches what he thinks is India but RMS informs
him that it is actually Gnu/India.