List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Konqueror Menu Reorganisation
From:       Benoit Walter <b.walter () free ! fr>
Date:       2003-02-24 17:07:31

I don't know if somebody is already working on this, anyway it is always
useful to bring some new ideas...
I have created some documents which could be a possible basis for a new
konqueror menu layout. I have tried to take some ideas I have seen on this
mailing list or in forums, as well as some other ideas which are described in
the documents.

They consist of a suggested menu layout for konqueror with the following ideas
in mind :
- It should be easy to find the action we are looking for
- A quick access for most frequently used actions
- A reasonable number of items in menus (using submenus when possible)
- Every action should be included

I will try to update the documents according to the comments that will be
given. If we can find a layout which is accepted by most people in the
mailing-list, and -more important- by the konqueror maintainers, I would be
happy to send a patch to konqueror according to the requested changes.

Suggested layout for the file-manager :
http://www.avenheim.online.fr/kfm.html

Suggested right-clic menu for the file-manager :
http://www.avenheim.online.fr/kfm-rmb.html

PS : I am planning to create the same pages for the web-browsing mode