List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Konqueror's tabs
From:       "Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <amadorm () usm ! edu ! ec>
Date:       2003-02-24 13:53:30

Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

>On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 11:42:43AM +0100, Philippe Fremy wrote:
>

>>James, I'll integrate your remarks next week into the Konqueror usability
>>study that has been started. Or maybe we could create a new one just for
>>tabs ?
>>I underline that adding tab to browsing is not just a "I code a feature and
>>forget". Tab changes completely the way you browse, open and close web
>>pages. It has to receive a lot of attention before being optimally usable.
>>

>One more thing about tabs. This is probably feature request but also
>usability thing:
>
>1.
>Konqueror settings -> Behavior -> Misc options

No way!  This isn't a good idea.  The whole idea of tabs is that you can
keep your web navigation grouped because pages take some time to load
and stuff.  Why would you want to group your file managament
directories?  At most you should have like 6 kfm windows open, and that
does not warrant tabs.  You already have up and back, and get instant
response from them.