Waldo wrote: > Yes, in fact KApplication::quit() is called automatically when the user > closes the last window. Perfect. =) > Changing "Close" to "Close Document" (Or whatever is appropriate, e.g. > "Close File") is a good idea I think. (...or "Close Tab" or "Close View" etc.) Would be perfect imo. =) > I'm not convinced that "Quit" should become "Close Window". In a strict SDI world I'd have no problem with "Quit" staying as is. But KDE already includes programs like KMail which starts up with a single window and is then potentially spawing several separate mail windows opened from the main window. The main window still contains a "Quit" command in any case, and since the user started with that window it might not even be so far off for him to think that "Quit" will close the main window and all its children at once. Clarifying this as "Quit KMail" would be even more misleading, and clarifying it as "Quit this Window" is nonsense as you rightly pointed out already. "Close Window" on the other hand describes the actual behavior and makes sense even with KMail. Cheers back =) Datschge -- KDE 3.0 was the breakthrough in technology KDE 3.1 was the breakthrough in eye candy KDE 3.2 will be the breakthrough in usability ------------- let's have fun =) ------------- _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability