List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Creating new key Bindings
From:       Pietro <p.alfa () email ! it>
Date:       2003-02-19 16:17:00

Hi,
I've searched in the mailing list's archives for something about creating
new key bindings, but found nothing. So I'm writing to this mailing list:)
I come frome Gnome, and I've passed to KDE because I've found it some more
"usable" and "integrated". I'm used to work with console or terminal
emulators. With Gnome+Sawfish I could create key bindings for everything:)
Now, with KWM, how can I create NEW keybindings?
Like ctrl+alt+t -> Starts terminal...
     ctrl+alt+m -> Starts terminal+mutt...
and so on.
I could export in .xsession KDE_WM=sawfish, but for a strange bug, when a
window is created, in the taskbar appears its title; but If the title changes,
the taskbar will NOT update! :) And I don't know how to pass click to the
root area, without selecting it by a first click and selecting the things I
need:).
That is not a sawfish mailing list, so is there anybody who knows how to
create shortcuts with KWM? Is that the correct mailing list?:))

Thanks,
Pietro.