List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: less intrusive tab opening (usability enhancement?)
Date:       2003-02-12 12:58:55

> Very often I am moving mouse by heart without actually noticing where
> mouse is going - I want to close tab I am going to some special place
> on screen. With close button on specific tab this would be every time
> different place on screen. But I can understand another point of view
> - maybe make active tab wider and place close button in extra room. This
> way active tab will be marked in three ways: color, width, presence of
> close button.

Yes that's a good idea. OTH I was using Mozilla today and the close button
seemed quit logical in its place since the top right is where you would
expect the window's close button to be.. However your suggestion seems the
best. One point against it may be that changing the tab width on activation
is a little disorientating, so perhaps the button should just appear there
when it's active, and for other tabs, when the mouse hovers, (if possible, I
don't know the specifics)