List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: RFC windows steeling focus
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2003-02-12 12:00:26

On Wednesday 12 of February 2003 12:55, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> Klas Kalass wrote:

 More than attention it needs somebody to implement it.

> >> Just happend in CVS
> >> Do I have to change some settings?
> >
> > Does it happen for dialogs or for newly started apps? AFAIK stealing
> > focus does not happen when an app starts in the background (this is
> > probably what Neil refers to), but when a dialog pops up.
>
> I have kmail open and do something else in Konsole or kword etc
> the download dialog asking if big mails should be donwloaded pops up
> steeling focus and disappeas immediately if you hit space or the shortcut
> for ok

 KWin even has a bugreport for that, and I've lifted its priority a bit. But
it's not as simple as making the dialog not to accept focus (one could that
way easily end up with half a dozen important dialogs open somewhere in the
background).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer