List:       kde-usability
Subject:    (no subject)
From:       b.walter () free ! fr
Date:       2003-02-07 11:38:43

I know this topic will perhaps never end, but I would like to talk about
another possible solution for the kmenu layout.

A possible solution would be to 2 different menus, one for desktop and file
system operations (destinations in the Aaron's TOM) :
- Devices
- Home directory
- Recent documents
- Settings
- Help
- Lock screen
- Logout

And another for applications (Or Tasks) :
- Developement tools
- Amusement & games
- Graphic & Multimedia
- Internet tools
- Office work
- All applications

This would make another menu, but new users can very quickly guess how it
works. I think MacOS solution is quite similar, the advantage is to have both a
clear menu with a minimum of items (like windows, but with better application
categories) and a fast access to elements (like in KDE).

Opinions ?

Benoit W.