List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: new kdm looks horrible
From:       "Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <amadorm () usm ! edu ! ec>
Date:       2003-02-05 19:26:59

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

>On Tuesday 03 December 2002 11:08, Neil Stevens wrote:
>

>>Ooh, idea:  Maybe the box should be made configurable.  Some systems might
>>not want the list of users to be displayed, and it'd be a lot easier just
>>to remove the box completely, than to list every user in the list of users
>>to hide.

Well, by default IMO I think only users whose GID >= 500 should be shown
(regular users in a regular UNIX system), but you can pick that up from
/etc/login.defs if you want to be strictly POSIX compliant and
UNIX-like.  This will save a lot of time.

What we really need is a centralized single sign-on solution beyond
getpwent that allows us to get/set various types of data (from an LDAP
server, e.g., this would be neat for login photos and stuff).