On Monday 03 February 2003 22:30, Eric Ellsworth wrote: > Datschge, > Your updated guidelines look good. > > One gotcha the document doesn't address is the interaction of services > represented in the system tray with session management. For example when I > set session managment to "empty session" in the control panel, KAlarmd, > Klipper, and laptop battery monitor still come up. The battery monitor > should probably not be tied to session management, but what about the > others? This is not intended as rhetorical question, BTW. Based on the following phrase in these updated guidelines: "Systray applications are so called GUI daemons, i.e. they are automatically started as part of KDE's start up (without showing anything but its systray icon) and represent services [snip]" I would say that they should not be part of session management sessions. > In any event, I think the systray guidelines should work in tandem with the > session management guidlines. Do we have session management guidelines, No, not really. Cheers, Waldo -- bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability