List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: New K-Menu layout suggestion
From:       John Levon <levon () movementarian ! org>
Date:       2003-02-01 21:17:42

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 01:45:32AM -0800, Neil Stevens wrote:

> all the applications, and I've never seen a user complain "The K Menu has
> too many apps, please cut it down drastically."  In fact, I've only seen

Users tend not to complain about such things. Are you seriously trying
to equate "no complaints received" with "sufficiently usable for our
target audience" ?

> If you think it's difficult to find common apps in the K Menu, then the
> answer is to supply an alternative to the K Menu.  Just as we have
> toolbars to highlight the common tasks of a menubar, why don't you supply
> us some application bar to highlight the common tasks of the K Menu?

If an application has 12 menus, and 30 submenus from those menus,
wouldn't you agree that there is a problem, and that problem is not in
any solved by the addition of a toolbar ?

regards
john