List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Incorporating Klipper more tightly... (Waldo Bastian)
From:       David Hugh-Jones <hughjonesd () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-02-01 11:10:54

On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 01:48, kde-usability-request@mail.kde.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> From: Waldo Bastian <bastian@kde.org>
>
> On Friday 31 January 2003 20:58, Datschge@gmx.net wrote:
> > > and some general brokenness in the clipboard implementation (or design?)
> > > Klipper pushes the clipboard system really hard and the latter didn't took
> > > that too well.
> >
> > I can't say that that "fact" has been apparent to me...

I still think the clipboard is screwed, I hate having two separate
clipboards and find it really confusing (e.g. which clipboard do toolbar
buttons use? Which items go to the klipper history?). But maybe that is
because I am used to the old way. Probably new users wouldn't even find
out about the middle button to paste feature.

> > I think the proposed integration won't turn off anyone since a usual click
> > on the paste button or on the middle button should and will have the same
> > effect as before. Only holding/moving the button will reveal the "global
> > clipboard history list" in konqueror back/forward history list style.

Can we just check that this won't break for people with wheelmice?

As a side issue, I really miss the "click on wheelmouse to scroll"
feature of IE. Is anyone working on this?

Dave