List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: New K-Menu layout suggestion
From:       William Leese <yatsu () wanadoo ! nl>
Date:       2003-02-01 9:30:16

Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Thursday January 30, 2003 09:29, William Leese wrote:
>
>>With all due respect for the effort put into kmenu, I haven't noticed
>>any such shuffling... Then again I've been using KDE3.1 RC's for awhile
>>now :)
>>
>>In any case, Kmenu is still a mess.. and it's a if not the most
>>important part of KDE.
>
> I disagree.  It's large because it has a lot in it.

Meaning we shouldn't attempt to make it more usable?

> But we get proposals
> to reorganize it every week it seems.  Everyone isn't going to be pleased.

Not everyone needs to be pleased, the majority is enough.

You've indicated yourself that Kmenu is large. I'm not sure if we have
any guideline for this but I'm pretty sure if we did K-Menu would be
breaking it by having too many top-level menu items.

This is the problem. The problem is valid enough to take action IMO.

- wvl