List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Re: simplifying KControl
From:       kudling () kde ! org
Date:       2003-01-30 11:38:03

> * a setting should only be configurable if it has meaning to the user.
> 	- For example, "change desktop colours" is easy to understand
> 	- "repaint the desktop using the Barnes-Foobar algorithm" is
> 	meaningless unless you understand the algorithm

You will always find a group of 5 Barnes-Foobar algorithm wizards who
will say "We asked 5 people in our Barnes-Foobar algorithm user group.
They all understand what it means. According to Aaron's rule, all people
understand it. It should stay."

I see no escape from this endless discussions.

Bye
Lenny