List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: background layout
From:       William Leese <yatsu () wanadoo ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-30 5:26:12

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi all...
>
> a new background dialog has been committed to CVS. there's a bit of a
> disagreement over some layout issues. screenshots can be seen at:
>
> 	http://urbanlizard.com/~aseigo/screens/bgdialog/
>
> i'd welcome some input.

"Text color" has not been integrated in a differrent kcm (yet)?

Has it become standard to make the color select widgets as wide as the
layout permits?

Nitpick: For the frame titles I'd change "Color" to "Background Color"
and "Picture" to "Background Picture". I don't believe it's redundant in
this case because of the limited amount of entities and the presence of
"Icon Text". OTOH it's more suggestive.

It's better, but it still feels cluttered. I think this is more because
of the widget sizing rather than the amount of features presented.

- wvl