List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: BeOS and KDE compared: screenshots of trash and file context
From:       Gordon Tyler <gordon () doxxx ! net>
Date:       2003-01-28 21:46:57

William Leese wrote:
>> It fills the same function as Apple spring loaded folders.
>> I'm not sure what the Clipboard does though.
>
> I'm not familiar with these spring loaded folders. What are they?

When you drag a file or a folder over another folder icon and pause
(500ms I think), a new window opens showing the contents of that folder
so that you can navigate to further nested folders before finally
dropping your file/folder. Once you've dropped your file/folder, all the
windows that were opened in this manner are closed -- "springing" back.

Ciao,
Gordon