List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Moving copying and linking files revisited
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2003-01-23 2:46:58

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 05:11:43PM -0600, Eric Christopherson wrote:
> Currently, KDE has the following modifier-drag combinations, which I
> mentioned a moment ago, but here they are again in a nice table form:
>
> Drag type	Action		Added 'icon' visualization
> Drag		Popup menu	None
> Shift-drag	Move		NONE!
> Ctrl-drag	Copy		Plus sign
> Ctrl-shift-drag	Link		Shortcut arrow
>
> I assume it would be Bad if we assigned a drag action using Alt or Meta,
> since those are used for other mouse actions such as dragging and resizing
> windows.

I was thinking about this some more earlier. It turns out that using meta or
alt as a drag modifier *might* work, as long as the meta or alt key is not
being held at the *start* of the drag, but only at the end. Obviously, if
it's held at the start of the drag, that could be interpreted as causing a
window move or resize (depending on preference); but the same is not true if
the key is held down after the drag starts. So, just an adjustment of my
previous statement. You may now go back to what you were doing :)

--
Furrfu!		r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t