List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: A case for sharing Desktop and home directories
From:       Uno Engborg <uno () webworks ! se>
Date:       2002-12-11 5:45:38

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 19:24, optimus wrote:
> On Thursday 05 December 2002 01:21 am, Uno Engborg wrote:
> > If you want to lobby for doing it your way, you need to do
> > that in higher places than on KDE lists.  Even if we liked
> > the idea (I'm not saying that we don't) it is out of our
> > scope to do such changes.
>
> Is the Linux Standards Base an example of such "higher place"?

The problem with Linux Standards Base is that it deals with Linux only, while
most desktop environments like KDE,  Gnome, ...  is for all Unix.

I was more thinking of freedesktop.org. You would probably also have to do
some lobbying to various commecsial unix vendors if you want this to happen.

Regards
Uno Engborg