Michael Pye wrote: >>>* No popup menus >>>* Move is the default action that a drag does. (pretty obvious IMHO) >>>* Use the status bar to inform the user about the modifier keys. >>>* When a modifier key is held down the pointer should change to show the > > OK, if we show a modifier icon when performing anything other than the default > action (read-only filesystems, tar io-slave etc or holding a modifier) then > it gets my vote too. That's a good point that may not be obvious. The pointer should always show what action is going to take place (normal pointer for move, + for copy, chain for link) regardless of whether the user is pressing the modifier key to force that action or if the action is determined by the source/destination (i.e. read=only filesystem). Ciao, Gordon _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability