List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Interesting Kicker alternative idea
From:       Oliver Bausinger <bausi () everest ! mathematik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2002-11-29 10:27:08

On Friday 29 November 2002 02:30, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
[...]
> add to this that i have hardly ever heard "how do i remove this button?"
> but i used to hear *all* *the* *time* "how do i remove this applet?"
>
> any suggestions that will work as well as the handles but look prettier?

Well, all this stuff should be merged in the context menu. Each applet's
context menu should provide the same move/remove/menu entries as a button's
context menu.
I think it might be much easier to right click on the whole applet and get all
possibilities than hitting this small arrow on the handle to get to the
functionality.
This is no problem as most of the fuctionality of the applets is exposed only
through the context menu (think pager/taskbar configuration, stuff in systray
etc.)

Greetings
Bausi