List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Use MDI or SDI with wisdom
From:       Tim Jansen <ml () tjansen ! de>
Date:       2002-11-01 22:46:28

On Friday 01 November 2002 20:43, Simon Edwards wrote:
> > > Yes. What I meant was that the grouping is entirely under the user's
> > > control.
> * Wasn't the BeOS window decorations/title bar, such that they didn't span
> the whole window width, only what they needed, and when you layed 2 windows
> over each other the titlebars would move so ensure that they are all
> visable and clickable (to bring the window to the front, much like a tab).

After some searching I found this:
http://www.ars-technica.com/beos/reviews/1298/r4gui-4.html

What I don't like about it is that a) the title bars don't adjust
automatically, and b) it doesnt help unless all windows are aligned.
The original intention was to improve the window manager in a way that tabs
aren't neccessary anymore, but the BeOS thing doesnt help here.

It could offer a solution for the "where-to-put-the-tabs" problem, but I don't
think that it is a very good idea. I played with the design, one of the
results is attached. It is quite confusing IMHO. And keramik takes more space
than the BeOS decorations...

bye...

["tabtitlebar.png" (image/png)]