List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Use MDI or SDI with wisdom
From:       Kristian Koehntopp <kk () boss ! intern ! netuse ! de>
Date:       2002-10-31 9:46:26

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:18:59PM +0800, floyd robinson wrote:
> Konqueror is a good MDI candidate, not because of this "program-centric vs.
> document-centric" view, but because of pure usability issue based on
> manageability.

This is, believe a non-issue if Tab-based browsing is done
right. In this case, one would have a tab-widget that allows
tabs to be "pulled off", spawing a separate window, and
"reattachment", where two overlapping windows become a tabbed
view. Knode already does something very similar with its user
interface, but that particular widgets still feels a little
clunky and needs some finetuning.

By the way, konsole is another candidate for this, and konsole
tabs should behave in the same way as all other tabs (in 3.0.4,
which I have at the moment, they don't).

Kristian

--
Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE AG, Dr.-Hell-Straße, D-24107 Kiel
Tel: +49 431 386 435 00, Fax: +49 431 386 435 99