List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: No, not just yet! ;)
From:       Arcana <emerald-arcana () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-10-23 17:52:09

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 12:37 am, Eric Ellsworth wrote:

> Attached is a usage scenario as I've described.  Please let me know if you
> think this is useful.  Likewise, if someone could post this to the web for
> review, dissection, and modification, it would be much appreciated

It is useful but perhaps a little too specific.  It would serve as a good,
specific example of a particular usage scenario called "User gets support on
broken KDE feature".  I do like is the good detail about the current process
and recommendations to improve.

I have something much less ground-breaking than your documentation and it's a
short list of some common use cases.  I don't have a lot of time to
contribute right now, so the use cases are SORELY incomplete.  Ideally, I'd
split up the use cases to be more specific but I don't have the time for it.

Just remember that the use cases are a WHAT and not a HOW.  So while I say,
"User finds support for broken KDE feature" I don't describe how.  The "hows"
can be detailed in usage scenarios like Eric's specification.

Please find attached a short use-case list.  Please send comments.  I hope to
add to it later.

--
-- Arcana

Dreams may be in sleep, or may occur waking.  In all cases, listen to your
dreams.
["KDE_org_Use_Cases.html" (text/html)]

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 \
http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"></head><body> \
<h1>Use Case for kde.org</h1> <br>
by Irwin Kwan<br>
<h2>Actors</h2>
80%;">  <tbody>
implementation of KDE software (including architects, requirements gatherers, \
programmers, testers, documenters, release managers).<br>  </td>
the software and the organization<br>  </td>
promoting or helping with KDE in ways other than development, including in ways of \
providing artwork, feature suggestions, comments, promotions, donations, etc.<br>  \
&nbsp;Essentially contains the User, Developer, External, and Contributor.<br>  </td>
  </tbody>
<h2>Sample Use Cases (they should be hierarchical)</h2>
100%;">  <tbody>
Documentation<br>  </td>
versions including old releases, stable releases, or CVS.<br>  </td>
procedure.<br>  </td>
  </tbody>