List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Impressions about KDE 3.1 beta 2
From:       Hamish Rodda <meddie () yoyo ! its ! monash ! edu ! au>
Date:       2002-10-15 13:21:21

Edoardo Causarano wrote:
> On Monday 14 October 2002 04:02, Irwin K wrote:
>> - KWrite finally has a "wrap to window" option!  THANK YOU!
>
> Wow, not when you're editing Makefiles! It will insert newlines @ the next
> save rather than just wrapping the display view... nit me a few times...

Well, katepart actually has two wrapping modes now. Turn off the hard limit
wrapping and the above will not happen.  (I'm only responsible for some of
the dynamic stuff :)

Yes, this is a bit of a usability nightmare right now (they should be
mutually exclusive). Hopefully I'll get the time to look at it before 3.1
final.

Cheers,
Hamish.