List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Key accelerators in dialog boxes
From:       Edoardo Causarano <curious.corn () katamail ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 21:16:20

On Monday 30 September 2002 21:39, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Thursday 16 August 2001 09:26, Eric Ellsworth wrote:
> > How hard would it be to make dialogs interpret plain letters as well as
> > ALT-letter?
>
> In message boxes you can probably keep it as simple as implementing a
> keypress (or release) event that fires a syntheticly cloned event with the
> alt key down for each plain letter key (without modifiers).
>
> > Does anyone else think this is worth addressing?
>
> Certainly, if you ask me ;-)

Oh good, so I can accidentally cancel a good cdr burn on KDE like I did with
nero ;-)
Seriously... I don't think it's an issue (perhaps for beginners used to win
behaviour it's a problem... I'd rather popup a warning that the key was
pressed without the modifier)

Edo
--
 11:12pm  up 22 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.47, 0.89, 0.61