List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Window manager MDI - Focus on Fluxbox
From:       Michael Peligro <optimus () philwebinc ! com>
Date:       2002-09-27 13:13:24

On Friday 27 September 2002 2:48 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:

> Take what you can get, fans of MDI.  Which would you prefer: KWin MDI
> everywhere, or SDI in most of KDE?

Both. An option to turn on (and off) MDI in whatever KDE app. Default MDI in
Konqueror is nice (saves you the headache of managing webpages), but the
ability to break it apart into SDI from time to time is also nice.

Do you remember that feature in Microsoft Office called Microsoft Binder? It's
also an MDI and multiple office applications combined into one. I find it
really useful when creating office documents/templates for my sales team. Any
feature like this in KOffice? I'd love to have this in KOffice.

--
Regards,
Michael

"There is no concept more closer to intellectual emancipation than free
software. Freedom to responsibly code and share in its most free and pure
form."				-- Floyd Robinson,  September 24, 2002