List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KControl
From:       "Michael E. Peligro" <optimus () philwebinc ! com>
Date:       2002-09-21 11:37:13

On Friday 20 September 2002 08:14 am, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> "File Sharing" is about using your computer as server while "Windows
> Shares" is about how to browse other people computers. I don't think they
> belong together despite their similarity in name.

Yup, they're different. But using a "task-based" analysis on this, they are
the same and should belong together. You share your files, or access other
shared files. Users do not think about client--server, server--client
architecture types. Their object of concern is "files". They "share this
file" or "access other shares". They belong together and configuration should
not be separated from each other.

Regards,
Michael