List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: K-Menu/Xandros Launch
From:       "Michael E. Peligro" <optimus () philwebinc ! com>
Date:       2002-09-21 6:25:18

On Friday 20 September 2002 11:31 pm, Eric Ellsworth wrote:

> I think some kind of label that appears on hover, as someone else here
> described is a great idea.  Or perhaps I just need to be a bigger, brighter
> tooltip.

Immediately after startup, a tooltip appears above and points to the "K" and
this tooltip says "Start Exploring Here" will be great, rather than opening
the KMenu at the start. In this way, power users will be spared from the
nuisance of an expanding KMenu, and newbie users will get the clue as well.
Newbies who get familiar with the KMenu after several sessions will also feel
annoyed with the expanding KMenu. A tooltip will suffice.

This tooltip will remain displayed until the user clicks the KMenu. It will
then disappear.

Regards,
Michael