List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: usability.kde.org updates & questions
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () olympusproject ! org>
Date:       2002-09-14 7:26:46

On Saturday 14 September 2002 08:50, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> Firstly is there any budding artists out there that would like to
> manipulate a small image of Konqi to go in the main banner image for
> usability.kde.org so he has some sort of usability theme? Maybe holding a
> cane and wearing dark glasses? Any other ideas?

wouldn't a cane and dark glasses be accessability, not usability? the two have
overlap, but.... i don't have any suggestions at the moment though, so i'll
just be quiet...

> Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I'll be finished with all my changes, none
> of them are anything major just mainly cleanups, some reformatting and
> updating some of the content.

thanks

> I have however written a little bit of php to keep track of the number of
> hits for each page that just stores the number in
> $SCRIPT_FILENAME-counter.txt files, is this a welcome addition or not? I

can we get this info from the logs? i'm sure someone has access to those and
can run something like awstats or webalizer on them?

> I will also be integrating the Style Guide Issues pages that I created
> earlier.

great

> Is there any update on the Usability Report stuff? Has it been migrated
> across yet? I'd like to be able to make all changes to the site at once if
> at all possible.

i don't even have access to this, and until marten re-surfaces, i don't know
who does =/ i'm starting to wonder if we should look into putting some custom
forms up in front of bugzilla.kde.org.

> Aaron, would you like me to include the Kmail discussion on what is
> currently the FAQ page that that I am renaming to "Recent Discussions"?

sure...

> Also should there be any criteria as to what gets included in that section
> eg. all discussions on proposed changes?

i'd suggest all discussions on proposed changes that also either:

 o are going to be implemented
 o or reach a meaningful conclusion for future implementation...

that we'll avoid the noise...

> Then I can use my judgement as to
> what I put up there based upon the standard so we keep a better record of
> such things.

=)

- --
Aaron J. Seigo