List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KPersonalizer usability discussion
From:       "Eric Ellsworth" <whalesuit () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-09-02 16:20:28

Hi,

> No, this button is not needed, because if you just press next,
kpersonalizer
> will not make changes to the defaults.
True, but IME this is not the same as "No changes".  I ran Kpersonalizer
from within KDE last week, and clicking through Next reset all my settings
to the KDE defaults.  I think it would be useful to be able to move through
each page of KPersonalizer without any action.  What's the best way to make
sure that this option exists and is clearly explained?

> However, in case this is not clear we
> could make it more obvious somehow.

Great, I'm all for a solution that doesn't include new widgets.

Cheers,

Eric