List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kdebase/kicker/applets/minipager
From:       Dirk Mueller <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-09-02 9:46:16

On Fre, 30 Aug 2002, Ryan Cumming wrote:

> > Is there a reason for disabling the "preview" here ? I don't see how it
> > takes away space on screen,
> KRuler says it's about 15 pixels wider.

do 15 pixels really matter ? this hurts so much in usability IMHO. I often
use the previews to find a virtual desktop that is "empty" when I want to
start a new task. and I use it to find some of my open xterms again..

BTW, I'm not sure about the default situation, but I guess it helps for
small screen resolutions to make the "only show windows on the current
virtual desktops in the taskbar" option default, if it isn't already.

Note the worst but possible solution is still to switch between lores
defaults and hires defaults depending on the currently active screen
resolution.

> Note that I wasn't really sure if it was a good usability decision. I'd be
> happy to revert if you convince the kde-usability goons ;)

Trying so.. :)

--
Dirk (received 737 mails today)