List:       kde-usability
Subject:    kcontrol navigation/layout
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-31 12:37:55

heya,

i found it almost impossible to find unique accels in some kcms. part
of the problem is, that the tabs have accels, too. anyway, as tabs are
regularily arranged, one could think of alternative ways of navigating
them, particularily alt-<left/right> (shift would be more konsole-like,
but we need selection ability in kcc (well, in fact i'd like to see it
in konsole as well, but all apps seems to support only the linux console
anyway ...)).

another idea for rearranging kcontrol: tabs must die entirely. you
certainly know the netscape/mozilla (and recently opera) setups. they
have only a tree. the advantage of this concept is, that one could
unify the keyboard navigation entirely: one would use only alt-<arrows>.
the problem about this is, that the kcontrol architecture had to be
changed "slightly", but that's not too hard (except for a possible
compatibility problem - dunno, if this is relevant for kcms).

greetings