List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Lycoris usability - not perfect but the way to go (as with Apple)
From:       Michael Olbrich <michael-olbrich () web ! de>
Date:       2002-08-31 8:38:42

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> On Friday 30 August 2002 12:00, daniel nagore wrote:
> > There are some things that i want to tell to the list :
> >
> > 1=BA.- The problem with kcontrol: its too big. Lot of Menus that are an=
ying
> > for the normal user and finally you cant find what you want to modify i=
> > the Desktop. Look here:
> >
> > http://www.lycoris.com/products/desktoplx/control/
> >
> > As you can see, the submenus are more usable and ergonomy. The advantag=
e is
> > that it wouldn't require a lot of coding, just some html pages.
>
> using khtml is not, IMO, an option. it's just asking for a
> broken/misconfigured khtml so that the user can't (easily) get to their
> configuration options.
>
> yes, the layout of kcontrol could be much better. mockups (not screenshot=
s of
> other's work) and *.ui files along with explanations of them are more tha=
> welcome.

What about improving, what we have? We already use html pages for the
categories, don't we?. But at least I didn't see the descriptions. So
what about changing these pages, to get the users attention (add big
icons, a bit more color etc.) and adding a similar page that shows the
categories and descriptions that is shown after startup.

Michael