List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Control center organization/clutter
From:       Stephan Binner <binner () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-29 10:04:56

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 20:52, wvl wrote:

> - I'd like to suggest placing 'Network' -> 'Preferences' in 'Web Browser'
> -> 'Advanced'. For one, 'preferences' is completely meaningless and these
> settings seem to be tied to Konqueror only.

They seem but aren't. KIO slaces are used in more places than only Konqueror.

> - 'Peripherals' might aswell be named 'Keyboard & Mouse'. This is slightly

Peripherals also contains "Digital Camera" and perhaps :-( Printing Manager.

> - 'Panel' -> 'Panels' could be moved into 'Appearance' (Length, Size,
>    Position and Hiding settings are it's appearance, afterall)

I would rename it. Perhaps to to "Layout"?

> - 'Panel' -> 'Taskbar' seems out of place because it's just another applet.
>   It should be removed or replaced by an 'Applets' entry.

An "Applets" subgroup for one entry? The mediacontrol kcm is already gone.
And do most users recognize it as a special applet or part of the panel?

Bye,
   Steve