Dave Leigh wrote: > > On Wednesday 28 August 2002 14:23, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote: > > Steven D'Aprano wrote: > > > On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:36, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote: > > > > [snip] > > > > > > Today it just struck me: Why is the corresponding scroll bar button > > > > not simply greyed out when the view has reached the corresponding > > > > end? > > > > > > I think traditionally the button doesn't grey out because developers > > > reason that the entire control should be in the same state -- either > > > the scroll bar is enabled, or it is disabled, but not half enabled and > > > half disabled. > > > > I see. Would make sense as I really can't imagine to be the first one > > with such an idea but all the UI I came across handled it in the same > > way. And I even think they may be right... Perhaps instead of greying > > the respective buttons might change the icon. To a square. > > Any other suggestions? > > Sure. How's this one: don't give up so easily. I think it's a good idea, and > in my book, the concept of the purity of the control got thrown out the > window when somebody invented the combo-box. > > I'm with Steven. I think it's more consistent, more informative, and the user > doesn't care otherwise. For the records: I just saw a screenshot of openoffice. Guess what one could see there: Greyed out scrollbar buttons (where the bar had reached the border)! So this might be something to become a standard in KDE, too. But that is left to others. I don't code (right now), so I don't decide ;) Bu at least I will file a wish to the KDE bugsystem. As I am no user of KDE 3.x I would like to know: Are there any qt/kde styles where there is already such a feature implemented? Friedrich _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability