List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Icon control page, updated
From:       "Torsten Rahn" <tackat () suse ! de>
Date:       2002-08-27 5:48:31

Ok, if we want to go for the "everything accessible from one page" approach
I would suggest to do the following:

Beneath the Groupbox "Themes" of Aarons last suggestion (as a onepage
version it's a very nice layout indeed) I would add a slider which one could
use to make the icons in general larger and smaller (perhaps in a way that
would make the toolbar icons and menu icons grow a little bit "behind" the
desktop/panel-icons).

Next to this slider there should be an Advanced Button which opens a dialog
which includes the remaining possible customizations (double sized pixels,
exact size per group etc.).

Below the Size entry one would have a kind of  IconEffect Style/Scheme box
in which you can select some nice preset Effects (like "Highlight on
mouseover", "Grey Toolbars for artists", "Visually Impaired", "Nightvision
mode for astronomers", "violet style for netscape lovers" etc. similar to
the color scheme dialog). Next to this listbox there would also be a button
to enter a new dialog which makes it possible to tune the iconeffects and
create a new "scheme/style".

This approach would probably be less cluttered and easier to understand at
once while not using tabs. I think this approach might even obviously be
better than the current tab-solution. But it would require quite some stuff
to be implemented.

Tackat

---