List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Clock prefs .ui
From:       Michael Pye <mp () fuckmicrosoft ! com>
Date:       2002-08-26 19:38:02

On Monday 26 August 2002 8:26 pm, Christian Lavoie wrote:
> Some food for thought: Aren't we just trying to force 3 clock applets into
> one? Code-sharing issues not-withstanding, shouldn't there be 3 clock
applets
> (digital/normal, analog, fuzzy), something which would remove ALL (if I am
> not mistaken) widget disabling and adding/removing?
>
> The fuzzy clock doesn't need date/hour font settings (but possibly font
> settings for its sentences), the analog clock doesn't need fonts at all, the
> other ones don't care for antialiasing, etc.
>
> Shouldn't this be three applets, even if it's really only one .so file that
> has a couple of different GUIs, selecting the user-preferred one depending
on
> what applet kicker is telling it it is?

I don't know. I quite like the centralised control, and I think we are
approaching a fairly reasonable dialogue now. I agree it's not perfect (yet!
;P ) but I think it's a lot better than the current one from a usability /
confusability point of view and probably better than three conpletely
seperate ones.

Just my thoughts.
--
MP