List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RE: [RFC] Clock prefs .ui
From:       Poletti Don <Don.Poletti () comverse ! com>
Date:       2002-08-26 18:35:30

>in fact, perhaps using the icon list mode of KDialogBase to
>make it feel like
>kcontrol a bit would be a good idea. three icons down the left
>side, each
>with its own page associated with it.

I think the icons on the left vs tabs is more estetic. However
Apple starting doing this back in Mac OS 6.0 then changed to tabs
because of usability. I'm very neverous about the direction in kde
to use the icons instead of tabs.

Someone else mentioned is was because users didn't know the icons
were linked like tabs are. Is there someway to visually link them.
Does the tabe widget have a horizontal mode. I beleive you can add
a icon to a tab.