List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Clock prefs .ui
From:       Eric Ellsworth <whalesuit () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-08-26 15:48:00

On Sunday 25 August 2002 4:42 pm, Christian Lavoie wrote:
> An updated version of my clock prefs .ui
>
> Have fun,
> Chris

Overall, looks good.  A couple ideas:

	I think you can make things very clear by either enabling and disabling
(greying out), or hide and showing.  This can even be done within designer
using Connect Signals and Slots.  For example, you can hide the date options
when they're not relevant.

	Second, I'd put the Color scheme line at the bottom of the third frame.  When
you click Custom colors, the frame expands downward rather than opening a new
dialog.  I think more stuff on the same page as a result of a click is easier
to understand than a whole new page, particularly if the new page has its own
"OK" & "Cancel" buttons (what do these mean now?).

Cheers,

Eric