List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: improved Crash Dialog needed
From:       Michael Pye <mp () fuckmicrosoft ! com>
Date:       2002-08-24 10:17:34

On Saturday 24 August 2002 10:37 am, Ryan Cumming wrote:

> We'd have to try really hard to only trigger the dialog in actual thrash
> situations. Ideally, it would trigger on GCC, but only if it almost hangs
>the computer.

Well that's where the difficulty lies. People on older computers are gonna be
less than happy if it triggers continuously even though they know their
computers are not up to much. I think it sounds like it would cause more
problems than it solved.

> Also, applications running as root would be out of its reach. It's just too
> dangerous to suggest killing various applications that don't belong to the
> user.

I suppose that does kind of satisfy me, I don't use gcc as a normal user as
much because I use gentoo where the whole thing is nicely integrated. :)
--
MP