List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Clock prefs .ui
From:       Michael Pye <mp () fuckmicrosoft ! com>
Date:       2002-08-24 9:08:21

On Friday 23 August 2002 11:13 pm, Ryan Cumming wrote:

> The minimum vertical height of this page on my setup is nearly 600 pixels.
> That is the full screen height at 800x600, and with Kicker and the "OK",
> "Apply", and "Cancel" buttons, your page would not fit on the screen. I
> suggest you either remove widgets or find a way to split the page in to
tabs.

OK, I've reduced the height.

> My personal opinion is that your page has too many very rarely enabled
widgets
> sprinkled throughout it. My idea for a revised clock preferences was to
> simply move the "Show Date" checkbox to the first page, and to only show the
> tab of the currently selected clock type (maybe under a different name, such
> as "Advanced (Plain Clock)".)

That might be a less cluttered solution. At the moment, my theory is that the
more ideas I throw out the better I'll get at it.

I've attached the differently shaped one here. It's a good way below 800x600.
I don't think the number of widgets is too bad, perhaps patially because you
don't have to deal with all of them for any one clock. The disabled ones make
it fairly obvious at a glance what is applicable...
--
MP