List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Icon advanced panel
From:       Michael Pye <mp () fuckmicrosoft ! com>
Date:       2002-08-23 17:32:58

On Friday 23 August 2002 6:16 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> you are missing the "normal" effect. perhaps the list box could be a combo
> box for brevity.

The combo box works, but as to the normal effect, I'm not sure I understand
it. After all, by definition, the NORMAL icon has no effect, otherwise it
wouldn't be NORMAL! That was why I left it out...

> also, in addition to eventually adding accels you will want to add tooltips
> and what's this help to everything ... fortunately you can also do that in
> designer.

And I will. I wanted to get the design done first, otherwise the tooltip /
what's this text can get out of date and become confusing and conflicts start
to kreep into the accels...

> btw, i like the descriptions .. =)

Don reinforced by belief that Normal, Active and Disabled were reasonable
enough descriptions, but fairly useless on their own unless the user has time
to test them out...

> a revision i whipped together can be seen at:
>
> http://urbanlizard.com/~aseigo/icon-advanced-ajs.ui

I've tweaked it slightly further and I'll start polishing it...
--
MP