List:       kde-usability
Subject:    First-time tutorial outline
From:       Eric Ellsworth <whalesuit () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-08-22 22:29:37

Hi all,

	As I'm of the opinion that we can write the tutorial, and figuring out the
technical questions once we've got some explanations, here's my crack at an
outline:

I What's on my screen?
	a) Desktop
	b) Panel, called Kicker
		i. KMenu
		ii. App launch icons
		iii. Taskbar
		(Dicuss others later on)
	c) Windows
II Get started in KDE
	a) Logging in and out
	b) Running programs
	c) Quitting programs
III Getting on the internet
	a) Konqueror
	b) Read email
	c) Instant messaging
IV Managing your documents
V Using programs that aren't in Kicker (&Kmenu)
IIV Customizing KDE
	a) Customize
	b) Control Center
		i. concnetrate on Look and Feel
		ii. Link to other tutorials/data sources for other stuff
	c) Add a program to Kicker
	d) Customize the KMenu
	e) Eu nao falo ingles!  Handling KDE in various languages
V Useful utilities
	a) Set up a printer in KDE
VI Getting help
	a) App Help/KHelpCenter
	b) using the What's this button?
	b) Tutorials for
	c) Online
		i) mailing lists
		iI) IRC
		iii) websites/google

Please add to this, subtract from it, gnaw on it with your teeth.

Cheers,

Eric