List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Kicker Defaults
From:       Matt Bonyak <dingodonkey () stny ! rr ! com>
Date:       2002-08-20 23:31:54

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 08:20 pm, Eric Ellsworth wrote:
> Also (here comes Eric wanting to eliminate lots of things =) , if we had a
> first-run tutorial, then we could leave KHelpCenter and KControl icons off
> the panel (to my mind, these are not regular-use icons but rather
> use-at-first, then occasional-use icons).  By comparison, Windows doesn't
> even enable the quick-launch area in XP -- i.e., no icons (which I think is
> dumb).  Does OS X have help and config icons in the dock?

A lot of people are talking about a tutorial, but I'm not so sure this is the
best route to go, primarily for the annoyance factor -- however, a simple "do
this to configure your desktop, and this to access a more detailed help"
notice wouldn't be as bad.  If we do end up with a wizard at startup, a
notice of that nature should be placed near the 'no tutorial' option.