List:       kde-usability
Subject:    KDE help system: handbooks of applications - toc
From:       Martin Bernreuther <Martin.Bernreuther () po ! uni-stuttgart ! de>
Date:       2002-07-29 11:03:11

Hello,

if you open the handbook of a KDE application
the KDE help system shows a generic table of contents (toc)
(on the left) which has nothing to do with the handbook.
("Welcome to KDE"...)
This was tested with KWrite,KMail, KOrganizer,... on KDE3.02
on a SuSe system.

There are toc for the handbooks, which are shown on the
first page at the bottom (on the right).

I did not find a "synchronize button" (like the Windows help system)
to get the contents of the handbook instead of the toc of the
generic KDE help. (The Acrobat reader even highlights the
actual section.)

Is there a way to get the toc of the handbooks?
(Maybe my KDE is wrong configured. But the default should be
 to show the toc of the handbooks.)

Thanks
	Martin

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Bernreuther                    University of Stuttgart
Pfaffenwaldring 7                            Informationsverarbeitung im
70569 Stuttgart                               konstruktiven Ingenieurbau
Germany                                        Phone: (+49 711) 685-6595
http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/iv-kib/              Fax: (+49 711) 685-6602

             E-Mail: Martin.Bernreuther@po.uni-stuttgart.de