List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Some conclusions regarding kickers default layout
From:       Joseph Manojlovich <josephm () mail ! sis ! pitt ! edu>
Date:       2002-07-26 17:09:07

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, wvl wrote:

> I never use it and someone else pointed out that it no longer serves it's
> purpose. As far as i can tell the only thing it does it keep a history of
> what's in your clipboard...

No, it's more. Besides, that alone is enough to keep me using it. It's
such an improvement over the Windows/Mac single item clipboard.

> <rant>and the hell out of me with it's popups
> when you copy a www link... </rant>

Turn off the actions. It should be an entry in the RMB menu.

> It's useful (the history function), yes. But so are quite a few other things
> that are optional.

I feel that Klipper is even more vital now, with the 2 clipboard system in
KDE. If you choose to keep the selection and ctrl+c/ctrl+v clipboards
seperate, than Klipper is the only way that I know of to get the
information from one into the other without recopying. It's also the only
program to set all this stuff.

(someone correct me if I'm wrong... control panel that I haven't seen
yet?)

Also, if you turn Klipper off, won't you be stuck solely with the X
clipboard system?

--
Joe Manojlovich
josephm@sis.pitt.edu